Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Progress progress progress!!!

Progress in the shed has just kept building throughout November, and it's been a good few weeks for ticking off tasks.  And sticking those stickers on!

I wanted to get the left hand panel of Nadia's quilt fully sewn, before starting on the right hand side (which is not quite as wide as the left).  It is quite a different process making this quilt which is almost entirely half square triangles and sewn in rows.  Each few more units sewn get added to the wall...


Yes!... onto the second side...


This side is going heaps faster...


Also on my list was finishing the FMQ on my "Theres a square in there" blocks.







After much swirling and circling... I achieved my goal and currently this is all folded back up waiting for enough free time to tackle the (enormous) background areas.

I even had a chance to piece a backing for Dylan's quilt!  It started with the left over length of the yellow print... and I found the colourful floral which has very similar colours to the quilt top.  Add in a few extra half yards of fabrics I've had for ages but they are never the right colour and a bit of a brick pattern and it is "just" big enough and they go together so well!  I have managed to keep all the lengths of fabric running in the same direction which must be a good thing.


The applique rocket block is one Dylan "helped" me to make in one of our crafting adventures when the kids were small.  Nadia's project was turned into a cushion and Dylan's one was set aside for later... then lost for several years and then set aside once more.  Not my greatest parenting moment 😕.  However, he is very pleased 🙌 it has reappeared onto his quilt although he won't be able to see it!

My last key goal was to get the My little piggy quilt top sew together after finishing the blanket stitch.  Level achieved!!  I have now started sewing 9 patch blocks to add as a border and think it will look really cute once I have finished all those seams!  Although I am seriously considering my sanity levels! 



So that's me for the last couple of weeks... what have you been up to?

3 comments:

Susan said...

Oh, such progress Suz! I love everything you are working on! The Star quilt and the piggies are my absolute favourites- their colour palettes really appeal to me! Winding up the school year here, so not much happening in the sewing room.

Debbie said...

Wow...did you sleep the last couple of weeks? I love it all!

Raewyn said...

Wow great progess alright!! I love your Piggy. And I love the 9patch border you're putting on it. I did save that BOM but never got started. I bought fabric for a different BOM that was happening this year so that means I'm 'committed' so will do that one next year instead...I hope!