Sunday, March 8, 2020

The Extra Week of February

Proclaiming the first week of March as an extra week of February has made a huge difference to my February productivity stats.

I got my two 6" 2017 Summer Sampler blocks finished, and the triangle block which joins them finished as well.


Although this wasn't straightforward... notice the bulging AND the pucker!  So much for "easing" the seam 😂


After unpicking all the units and trimming down... just a smidge off each unit, it all went together so much better and sits flat.


I finished sewing the second row of the Ultimate Beginner Sampler, using quilt as you go... and got my two rows sewn together.


It's still not 100% perfect... but it's OK.


My little scrappy leader/ender 9 patches have been slowly growing - 11 so far.  It is going to take a while to get enough blocks to make anything substantial but I suppose that's not the point.


I got the second section of Line Dried sewn and attached to the first section.


Block Two of the Happy Cloudy Sampler... I really like how this one turned out and could imagine a quilt out of this block.


Getting Dylan's quilt 3/4 quilted leads me to goals for March, which include finishing that quilting and getting the binding done (my main focus for this month).  Also getting the next sections/blocks done for Line Dried, Summer Sampler and Happy Cloud.  Row 3 of the Ultimate Beginner quilt would be nice too!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Congratulations on making use of your extra week! I hope it doesn’t come back to bite you at the end of March! 😃