Thursday, April 16, 2020

2013... the year of the start

As I pull out old projects... I'm amazed by how many relate back to 2013... and then I remember that was the year I decided to use all the things I have... fabric... books... patterns etc.  It also explains why there were so many unfinished projects from that time!

Skimming through my blog, I started 18 quilts and two bags that year.  I did actually finish the bags 😂 a 241 tote by Noodlehesd and Elizabeth Hartmans sewing circle tote which I still use regularly.

I have since completely finished a mere 6 of those quilts:
Robots and rockets


Playground Quilt


Tokyo Subway



Constellation Quilt


Japanese Ladies


Craftsy BOM x 2


Well, that's enough reminiscing... back to the current day sewing.  I wonder if I will look back in another 7 years and look at all the projects I started during lockdown.

5 comments:

Susan said...

Oh, you are not getting out of it that easily Suz....where are the 12 UFOs from 2013?!?!

Raewyn said...

Interesting to look back and see how we operated, see how we've changed and sew on and sew forth. I guess there's other variables too - how old were the kids, what were your work hours, was it a long cold winter....and so on! Well done on completing six of the 18 quilts!! :-)

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Lovely to look back and see some finished quilts, thanks for the virtual quilt show!

Leeanne said...

A nice trip down memory lane! You sure do make good sized quilts. If I may ask & you know, what is the pattern source for the robots & rockets?

Claire said...

Love Tokyo Subway! Some oldies are just good to get finished; others are really fun.