Saturday, January 2, 2021

2021... happy new year!

We made it!  A new year and a reflection of the old.

Sewing over the past week has meant I  finished piecing my Ray Quilt.  I was finally happy with the placements of all the accent pieces and where the joins in colours met.


This is a close-up of the grey fabric which includes many of the other colours.  I added it into the warm side to give a bit of separation to the oranges.


I got the last few units of Line Dried pieced and sewn together into the last row.


I just need to attach this row to the previous section and then this quilt top will be sewn per the instructions.  It is still a bit petite for my tastes so I will need to design and sew some borders.


My handy dandy tracking system shows I completed several quilts this year:
Dylan's Hawthorn Quilt


The Piggy quilt

Baby Log Cabin




Double Nine Patch baby quilt


and almost the Theres a square in there... I've got about 10" of binding left and need to wait for my new labels to arrive... so I'm fully going to count it as a January finish 😆


I have completed a whole pile of tops, both new and old but I think this needs a post of its own.  I really need to do more quilting this year!

In other news we have been adding a deck extension onto our old small deck.  These large steps lead up to the deck from our small patio area.


I have a new garden area...


And finally a place to plant some roses...


Looking back from the lawn... that's a massive rock!



And the new deck!


I have been working on more  Brightly blocks as leader/enders and I almost have the first two columns completed... one more star block!  I'm doing a 7 x 7 layout.


Today I also pulled out my Stitch Pink blocks to work out a setting and decide on a plan going forward.


I have shifted these around and around and I think I'm pretty happy with this layout.  This will help me decide what colours need to go where for the remaining blocks.  Hopefully the rest of the charm squares will last to make 16 blocks altogether.



A new year... another page in the quilting journal.  I've decided to just journal straight into my book this year but I'm continuing the tracker pages from Patchwork and poodles that I started last year.

I've got a to do list for January so far but no goal for the year as yet.




1 comment:

Susan said...

Lots of lovely things to comment on Suz- the deck, the roses and that cactus- all wonderful additions to your outdoor area! And some fantastic finishes too! I'd have to say that your Ray quilt is the nicest one I've seen. I really like the distinct areas of light and dark fabrics. And all the stars- Lined Dried, Brightly and Stitch Pink are great! I love making star quilts- it's such a versatile pattern. Happy sewing!