Friday, June 21, 2013

A bit of {new} THIS and a bit of {new} THAT

After a week of wintry stormy weather, we have been blessed with a beautiful day today... the perfects sort of day for taking photos!  It has been a week of mailbox lovelies...

First up, I was one of the May winners from the ALYoF lineup... my prize, a $25 voucher from The Intrepid Thread (woohoo!!!).  After some serious selecting... knowing that my prize would only pay for postage and that I had better make it worth my while... my 9y package arrived earlier this week:


This large floral from Spring House by Moda I thought would make an interesting backing... it's got a real retro sheeting feel about it hasn't it?

and I might just need a coordinating print... like you do...

Love the colours and whimsical element in these spots from the Blooming Lovely range...


Shades of Black by Me & My Sister Designs.... because grey prints are just so handy...

and some Essex Linen in flax I believe... for experimental purposes...

I also bit the bullet and ordered some emergency Kaffe Fasset fat quarters from The Apple Basket in Kaiwaka.  Ngaire chose me a selection which covers most colours... and will round out my selection for my Taupo Symposium class.  I feel now that I have all bases covered.

Added to the bookshelf this week... love Camille Roskelley - she has tremendous elegant simplicity,  and if she was older than me, I'd want to be just like her when I grow up...

Probably my most favourite quilt in the book... already doing stash type figuring in my head...

A new pair of shoes...

And I have been sewing too... the start of a quilt back...using panels that match the Gypsy Bandana range used on the front... do they look square to you?  You'll note that one is larger than the other... but they are also somewhat rectangular, so the seam ripper needs to come out to fix this one up!

Vacuuming has occurred! Whoops, this isn't sewing... but what a difference a bit of a tidy up makes...

Block 10

Block 11

Whew, don't you love it when the sun shines!

3 comments:

Leeanne said...

Great win. With sewing, sun & time for vacuuming!

Raewyn said...

Gosh I can feel your excitement and see your mind working overtime! Lucky you with the winning!! It sure was lovely to see the sun today.

Charlotte Scott said...

Ok, where to start. Love your new fabrics, esp the me and my sister print - that's yummy! You got some nice Kaffe Fasset prints there, although I spy quite a bit of pink. Nothing nicer than a new quilting book (except maybe new shoes) to peruse and I agree, that design is def. you. And I love block 10 - my colours, and I spy more pink! Are you being converted to pink's charms?