Monday, March 9, 2015

Sparking the Imagination

I've realised that part of my mojo issue is that I'm not truly excited by any of the projects I have underway.  Yes, I still love them all... but they have all reached that point of being somewhat Blah.  I feel like I have been committed to projects since halfway through last year, and now that the last of the baby quilts have been finished, and I've decided to pass Imogen's quilt on to someone else for some serious straight line quilting (which is beyond my skill level) I'm starting to feel like I can enjoy a bit more of what I want to do.  I still have the magazine submission quilt to finish, and now that I am fully equipped with quilting pins and thread, I've made a start on the quilting.  It's still pretty top secret, but I'm sure a little sneak won't hurt - stippling in the background, while not incredibly creative, is going to give this quilt so much texture and help to link the various beige and cream fabrics I have used.


To help revamp my creative spirits, I signed up for a Mystery Medallion project with my favourite shop, The Country Yard.  The label says it all... 


Well, really the label and the instructions inside.  Each month you receive a set of guidelines, which you must follow.  But you also get to put your own spin on things as you are using your own fabrics and design.  However, the fabric provided with the first month must be included in each round. 



I'm busy pulling fabrics and dreaming up designs.

4 comments:

Susan said...

Your Mystery Medallion sounds...interesting! That should get the creative juices flowing! I've also been in a bit of a sewing funk, but bit the bullet on Friday afternoon and now, with a few hours left of our long weekend, nearly have a quilt top finished! Sometimes one just has 'go for it' and see where the days lead you!

Charlotte Scott said...

Did you get that at the launch? Hubby had to work so there was no way I was getting there. Is that yellow fabric the one that has to be included in every round? Sounds very interesting indeed!

Leeanne said...

A mystery, just what you need to get going!

Raewyn said...

Looking forwrd to seeing your first block - and how you will use that fabric!