Monday, August 6, 2018

July monthly goals

Each month seems to roll around quicker and quicker.  August is going to turn in December real quick!  Determined to get the last few items crossed off my July To Do List... it has been a busy few weekends.

The Tilda BOM components came together into a cute block.


And with four blocks completed, I can start to see how it is going to look together.  And it is going to look FINE!


Although completed was a little bit of an overstatement, as I still had quite a bit of the blanket stitch to do on Month Three.

But I finally got all these little bits completed over the weekend.  Woohoo!  So satisfying!


And the Red RSC block was another late contender, but these blocks are so straightforward, that once the pieces are cut out, it is just a pleasure to put together.


I got most of the pieces fused for the Backyard Birds red block - but managed to lose the beak and eye fusible shapes.  He looks a bit weird without these bits.


Yes, another little task that got finished off on the weekend.  Much better.  Placement of the eyes and beak are the most important part of this process.  It somehow makes the pieces become a bird.  Here I have also shown the dot fabric that I have been using to cut the eyes from, which sneakily gives a lot of life and a bit of a glint to their eyes.  A great fabric that has been in the stash for EVER, and has been well worth holding onto all these years.  You never know when something is going to be a perfect match.


4 comments:

Julie said...

I think all that blanket stitch would do my head. Well done to you. Love that little red bird.

Susan said...

Both your projects are looking great Suz! Such pretty colours in both!

Leeanne said...

Good progress. I love the fine stripe for your background.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Your Tilda blocks are looking lovely! I like how they well they combine with the intense applique ones, very effective!