Sunday, June 30, 2019

Six Monthly Review

Wow!  I can't believe we are halfway through the year already.  Looking through my planning journal on the one hand I feel like I've made some huge progress, and on the other I still feel like there is so much to do.  Of course, both statements are correct..., I just shouldn't have so much on my plate.


On my To Quilt list I have three quilts completely finished, and one more that is about three quarters completed.  This is EPIC and I am sure that this would not have been achieved without this whole planning process.  Looking forward to next month I am planning to finish the rest of my Modern Applique hand stitched binding and continue with hand quilting the 3 applique blocks.  I also want to start basting the Trip Around the World quilt as i have a quilting plan more or less formulated.

Harder to judge progress with my WIP list  (and maybe this could do with a better layout for future endeavours).  Although I have completely finished/quilted one - Loosely Woven, and finished the top of another - Patchwork City.



I have been plugging away at Dash to the Finish, which started the year with 3 or 4 blocks... and now there are just 4 blocks to complete a square setting!  These are 17" blocks so quite large and effective for the large scale florals.


Timeless Traditions has taken a back seat due to the quilting going on earlier in the year, but having caught up with the blanket stitch, yesterday I remade the block that had been irritating me...


And I feel it sits quite nicely with the other blocks and balances out the other low contrast blocks.


I've just got one more seam and this section is fully complete!  This is the top three rows, with only two more rows to finish the centre panel... this means well over halfway!


Meadowland has become a long and slow piecing process.  15 blocks complete so that's another 10 to have a 5 x 5 layout.  In hindsight I should have cut out all the fabrics in the beginning (even though this is not the way I work).


Laid out like this it has a very soothing palette.  Long term I can see this one getting sewn together by the end of the year.

Although I made a list of projects to start, I haven't started any of the ones I should have, instead picking up the Meadowland and the new This Little Piggy applique BOM.  I have accumulated fabric for a Thimbleblossom log cabin pattern and I'm thinking about a scrap project... even though last year's scrap project is unfinished.

Once again, the hardest thing is not starting new projects.  I have some clothes sewing ambitions also but I always find this the hardest to get around to!

Rock on the second half of 2019!



6 comments:

Debbie said...

So organized! You have really been getting a lot done this year. A nice variety of projects.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

You have so many beautiful projects in the works. I especially like Timeless Traditions. I wish you well with them. I too have a hard time keeping myself from starting new projects when there are so many to finish.

Raewyn said...

Good on you - I thought it was such a good idea when you made these lists and maybe I should have made my own! You've achieved heaps - here's to a productive second half of the year!! PS Love how your Timeless Traditions is looking :-)

Leeanne said...

Some lovely nearly finished projects. I like the Dash to the finish blocks.

Susan said...

Firstly, do no underestimate what you have achieved! And the WIPs are awesome too! I love the look of both Dash To the Finish and Timeless Traditions. Re-doing that block was worth it too! Slow and steady wins the race! And not starting something new, too!

dq said...

I am drooling over "Dash to the Finish"! I think I must make one! Your colors are selling me. Your Timeless Traditions looks pieced to perfection!