Monday, October 28, 2019

Labour Weekend Progress

This weekend I am officially the mother of a 16 year old!  How has this happened?

Luckily some crafting has also been happening.... in an effort to de-stress and keep those grey hairs at bay 😂

Today I finished putting together the last 3 applique blocks for This Little Piggy.  There is still blanket stitch to do... but such good progress!




I also finally decided to just DO IT!  And started the FMQ on the There's A Square In There quilt... which has been basted and waiting patiently for inspiration for months!


I am using rulers to outline the cream background sections of the blocks and then filling them with a mixture of swirl and pebble quilting... depending on the size of the space.


It's been a while since I really did any FMQ and it shows!  Trying to track over the top of previous stitching lines was a bit hit and miss but I do need to approach this as finished is better rather than perfectly unfinished.


I have quilted the first 4 blocks... and have an idea for the background/sashing between blocks but will come back to that once the blocks are finished.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Your quilting looks great from here! And as I say ... "better finished than perfect!" And the piggy quilt is SO cute! I love the colour palette you've chosen Suz!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Yes a very cute 'farmyard' quilt. The animals lok adorable! And your quilting looks amazing. I just can't seem to get the hang of fmq, but I keep trying!