Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Practically a mid month check in

Wow... once again time has just flown along.  I have been plugging away with Meadowland column construction, and finally have a finished top ready for bed top measurements!



 and pondering Dash to the finish border options,


I used the fabric provided in the kit for binding to make this green pieced border.  It was always my intention to carry these triangular shapes into the border.


And I am currently angsting over whether to cut into this exquisite floral to create a final wider border.




Still a tiny bit small on the bed.



I have been playing with fabric selections for a quilt for Dylan.  Almost 16, he has actually asked for a quilt after lots of years of duvet usage.  What can a quilt mama do??

I have had this fat quarter for a number of years just waiting for the right project.



I am slowly accumulating coordinates... not quite there yet... but very close.



Now that my design floor is clear I could start playing with some layouts.

5 comments:

Susan said...

You are making great progress on your WIPs Suz! I really like the border fabric. It would make a lovely frame for the Dash To The Finish quilt!

Debbie said...

The floral print for the border is beautiful. Lots of great quilting eye candy!

Raewyn said...

(Almost) two finished flimsies - great progress and looking good! The possible border print for Dash is gorgeous. Have you got a pattern for Dylan's quilt?

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Lots of progress here, you are so close to finishing! Have you made a decision on the 'dash' border yet? And I see there's lots of nice -ve grey areas for quilting on your 'meadowland'quilt top, exciting!

Lynette said...

WOWOW!!! That outer border fabric is super amazing for the Dash quilt - I really do love that top. Lots of good work accomplishments here. How heartwarming for your teen to ask for a quilt. <3