Wednesday, October 28, 2020

The October Curve Ball

 My To Do List had been roaring along... I ticked off my initial items and started some additional tasks... and still had a couple of weeks left of October to go... wow... what to do with all that time??

I started a declutter challenge...



Repurposing and reinventing... sorting and cleaning.


I did the next #sewcialitesQAL block


I started planting some vege seeds.... this cupcake packaging is the perfect size to act as a mini starter environment.


I did some new #modastitchpink2020 blocks... 



And I decided to pull some new project collections by raiding my stash containers.  I started by choosing some fun, colourful prints...


Then trawled through my colour sorted scraps to see what blended.

I really liked the bono vibe of this collection...


Surprisingly this group never really jelled even though the feature fabric had some great colours.


This mix was bright and cheerful.


I really liked how this mix was shaping up.


I had made a list of possible scrap projects, and jotted down the measurements of the key scrap units.  Not surprisingly, I really struggled to match fabric piles with projects!  Eventually I decided to cut the bright and cheerful pile above into the Brightly Quilt by Cluck Cluck Sew.  The pieces are all cut to 2.5 and 4.5" measurements so while some scraps were too small (in particular the bright oranges), there were still plenty of others.

The first placement of fabrics was a bit flat... it was actually even worse than this!


I wasn't sure whether I liked it... but started adding in some black and white prints and it started to zing again.

The start of the star unit and a bigger area and the pattern is starting to reveal itself... I can see I need some more variety but it also looks like it's going to work.


In amongst all this my daughter broke her collar bone... those spare two weeks disappeared with plenty of days of no sewing... and my dreams of finishing multiple projects disappeared in a puff of smoke.  The perfect time to start a whole heap more.  I think this is called Stress Sewing 😆😆.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Ah, sometimes life gets in the way!I hope your daughter is not in too much pain! I'm sure you will be giving lots of tender loving care. The sewing will still be there.....