Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Taking the scenic route

 Sometimes life throws curve balls.  What I thought I would be focussing on at the start of this year was not necessarily what I ended up sewing.  Although isn't that every year πŸ™„.

You'll be pleased to know I finished my #apqresolution  for January - binding my Patchwork City quilt.


I did the big stitch binding technique and although I've yet to master the little cross on the corners I am happy with the overall effect.  Full disclosure, I did finish this on the last day of January 😁


The project for February is WIP number 7 which is creating the backing and basting The Amsterdam Star quilt.



Part of the reason it took all month to finish my goal was getting sidetracked with a baby quilt.  My boss had his first grandbaby and i decided it was a great opportunity to sew a gender neutral quilt.

And so we have the Tiger Plant quilt.


It's a generous size.

And gave me lots of opportunities to do some FMQ on my new machine - there were some hairy moments but nothing some more practice won't fix.





Some fun animals on the back and a scrappy binding (also big stitch) but mostly in this awesome green.  Serendipitously the baby was named Ivy 😱, and yes... A tiny girl 😊




I have also been involved in a project for my local quilt shop and here is a little sneak peek but more about this next week.


So February goals means making another block in my Monika/Suz rainbow challenge 🌈.


Another row in my Sidewalk Chalk quilt which is my #cutitupwithmolliesparkles project.

And somehow fit in another block in the project below of which I can't remember it's name πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”.


So not much going on here... What's happening at your place?

4 comments:

dq said...

Ivy will treasure her quilt as she gets bigger - how sweet of you!

The big stitch binding looks so cute. I have not seen that before.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Ivy's quilt looks delightful! Did you enjoy doing the big stitch binding, something I haven't tried yet. Looks like you have been busy, love the binding on your 'patchwork city' quilt, and 'sidewalk chalk' is off to a great start!

Susan said...

You always have such interesting projects on the go Suz! I'm intrigued by the project for your local quilt shop...! And the quilting on the baby quilt is awesome- such skills!

Raewyn said...

Lots of busy-ness...a very cool baby quilt and well done on the Patchwork City finish! I'm intrigued by the big-stitch binding - is it as durable as other methods?