Tuesday, March 1, 2022

February catch up

 I attacked all the smaller projects at the start of February - leaving a good chunk of the month free to work on the backing and basting of Amsterdam Stars.  Piecing large backings is not my favourite thing, but is a necessary evil.  So I pulled out my fabric pile and laid it all out.  Turned out some of the pieces were not quite big enough so I added the brown floral print.  #apqresolution for February achieved ✅




I even had a few days spare so I started the walking foot quilting edge stitching through the sashing and out into the outer borders.


I didn't have any problems with the top moving (like I normally do) so no puckers on the intersections!  I think my new Janome M7 Continental might just be magic.  Maybe I should call it Mike 🤔🤪😂.


I managed a tiny bit of hand quilting - rather crooked and not the tidiest but I'll wait and see how it looks once there is a bit more going on to disguise it. 


I managed another star in the #suzandmonikarainbowchallenge - 


I'm planning a plain alternate square layout so fingers crossed for a decent sized baby quilt.


Month 2 of this project was finished on time...


And joined onto month 1.


And I completed another row in the #cutitupwithmollisparkles challenge - the Sidewalk Chalk pattern.


My secret project is working on the It's A Lot Quilt by Sew Be where I have assisted my local quilt shop The Country Yard with putting together three fabric selections for their BOM programme.

This is the Vintage/Retro colour scheme.  Block 1:


Block 2:

Blocks 1 & 3:


I have started sewing block 1 in the Soft & Subtle colourway...


And here is the fabric selection for month 1.  It has been a wonderful opportunity to play with fabrics - my favourite activity.


And now it is March already.  I will have to check what the new challenge project is going to be.

No comments: