Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Fabric, books and blocks!

I finally found some striped fabric I liked... with the intention of sewing another Tilly and the Buttons Coco Dress.

BEWARE of bargain fabric from Spotlight!  Check out that cutting line, that was approximately where the straight was on the folded bolt!  I washed and dried the fabric, giving it a spin in the dryer to help remove all the fold lines.  Then spent some time with my chalk marker and traced out the full pattern, flipping the pattern pieces instead of cutting on the fold.  It worked a treat and now I just need to take photos of the finished dress.

I have also added to my pattern stash.  I succumbed to these sewing with knits books, even though i struggle to find knitted fabric i like and can afford, and i really like these Indygo Junction patterns for woven fabric, and hope they turn out something like the pictures.

On the patchwork agenda, I completed two new cupcake blocks.  These are made with 1.5in finished half square triangles making a 6in finished block.  This time I tried using three charm squares plus background and I really like the effect.

The blocks use exactly the same layout with a couple of colour adjustments.  Amazing how different they look.

Now to add on the three frames to make them into a 12in block like these ones.