Now, the instructions for the quilt are for machine piecing - but me and Y seams just don't go together, and I can't really admit to being the best hand piecer (well, have never really tried it) - so off I went and had a bit of a go. So far so good - i don't know that it's perfect (but honestly, what is?), and I'm sure I'll pick up a few tips and tricks as I go. At the moment it feels a bit awkward... but I think I'm getting there...
|I'm using the same fabrics as the applique block, only because|
they're out and accessible.
So far I have ummed and ahhed, scratched my head, measured, sewed a few things together, gone back to the umming and ahhing... and came up with this.
Wasn't quite what I was going for, but it has a nice proportion. Only problem is that I didn't add the red strip to the rectangle construction because I couldn't decide what order to sew it in... it didn't really go with any of the other ones... so decided to use it as the handle. The problem then became that I don't have enough to sew two of them. Oh, well, back to the drawing board.
|A close up of the little tag - very cute!|