I have been busily buzzing away at my Meadowland blocks and they are so addictive. The cutting of one block results in cuting pieces for other blocks.... so it is always pulling you forward (or dragging you into a black hole depending on your perspective). The QAL instructions require blocks to be completed over 4 weeks, so I was optimistically hoping to complete four each week. Yeah... nah... not happening. I have scaled back production estimates back to two blocks per week and this still feels like it is taking up all my time.
I am really enjoying the fabric combinations and simple large piecing though!
So today was a bit of a reminder that there are other things I am supposed to be concentrating on and that I hadn't really achieved much so far, so I removed the miscellaneous piecing from covering up my diary and reassessed the month so far.
|Not a lot to report|
One of my broken down tasks was to trace the applique design onto my Timeless Treasures half finished corner. So right, I pulled it out and it took like 3 minutes. Next goal was to get the small sections of bias stem sewn down this week. Right... another few minutes and I had these pinned down, and a few more minutes and the first of three was done. Ok... now we're getting somewhere.
I have set another goal of sewing two lengths of thread on the Sugar Club binding. Although this is a bit of a slow process... it will eventually get finished.
I attached the flange binding per the Missouri Quilt Companys tutorial... then instead of machine stitching through the flange seam, I decided to use running stitch and 12wt thread to stitch it down. It is quite subtle, but I do like it, and once I am more comfortable with the technique I would be more likely to use more contrasting thread. Although this was using stuff I already had.
I am thinking that keeping my goals small and very task specific is the key... so I will see how this variation to the diary planning works out.