Monday, April 9, 2018

Flittering between this and that

Another busy week with lots of little progress steps.

The second to last Cross Tiles block is causing me issues.  I knew that the colours were pushing the boundaries... the burgundy, green and mustard were in some of the other blocks, but not so much the pink and blue.


Forging ahead and knowing that it wouldn't be sorted until I laid it all out, I made the block and I'm still a bit undecided.  Located on the bottom left corner, I don't need to make a final decision until I have sashed all the previous rows.  At this stage, I'm considering replacing it.


And I've got the first two rows sashed and attached.  Definitely a quilt that you need to keep organised with.


More little jobs... I got the applique placed and fused on the March backyard birds block.


I'm just having fun choosing scrappy bits of fabric.




And I chose the block for April and made the background!  Choosing the pattern for the month leads to a LOT of dithering around, so getting that settled early in the month can only mean good things to come.


I even got the yellow April double nine patch block finished for the RSC colour this month.  Double whoop whoop!


And after thinking deep and meaningfully about the Bernina Triangle Quilt along since probably Xmas time... I finally pulled out the fabric and made some more blocks!  Two more blocks to do for Instruction sheet 5 and then it will be onto sheet 6.


The clothes sewing force is strong...

I bought this hey June pattern a while ago... I'm a sucker for a raglan sleeve top, and particularly liked that this pattern came with several sleeve options, including banded and with thumb holes, as well as a curved hem or banded hem.


Buying some material that arrived in a lighter weight than anticipated, meant that if you've got t-shirt material... make t-shirts...

It really is just a bit of fun... and I wanted to check the fit.


I could probably grade the waist and hips in a bit, and take the length up a bit, but it is good on the bust and sleeves.


And from the leftover dots a free undie pattern experiment...


(sorry it's sideways)

And from the leftover birdie fabric, an altered Megan Nielsen acacia pattern... also free.  Here I have made the rise a bit higher.


I have actually finished the legs now... but haven't tried them on.  I'm hoping for good things.


If you've been keeping up with Instagram, you'll know that I put together this bundle of fabric based on this amazing feature print by Basic Grey - Biscuits and Gravy.  I seriously love this fabric!


And a quick whizz through the stash found plenty of fabrics that pull out the various colours.  I can envisage a mixed pieced and appliqued quilt - with strong contrast and relatively traditional.  Now I just need to find that perfect pattern.


Of course, I don't need any more projects as I have recently committed to the Homespun magazine 2018 BOM using Tilda fabrics.


So far I've been through and labelled all the fabrics...


And looked at Part 1 but not started anything yet.




4 comments:

  1. I like the striped block. From a distance the colours blend well. And aren’t you a clever cookie, making undies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always have plenty of interest on the go Suzanne! I also thin kthe striped blocks looks good from afar - fun to see this quilt coming together. Your birds are lovely too and well done on the garment sewing. I've sewn undies a few times in the past...heaps for the girls as kids and a few for myself - quite satisfying really. Nice bundle put together around that print too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much to see! Love the new 2018 BOM you are tackling and the fabrics you have chosen. Such a cute T-shirt. I bought a new top pattern after seeing it on another blog. I hope to get to it soon...maybe even tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots on the go at yours again! Love the look of the new BOM with your Tilda fabrics, it's going to look so sweet.

    ReplyDelete