Tuesday, May 29, 2018

BOM Progress


Just a little post as I highlight my progress on Block 2 of the Homespun magazine Tilda BOM.

This block is an interesting mixture of piecing and EPP with a dresden fan block and a scallop block made with these paper pieces, a heart applique block and pieced drunkards path blocks. 

I completed all of these with fusible web and machine blanket stitch!

The scallops were the most complicated, with a lot of different fabrics used.


I decided to simplify the Dresden fan by using only two fabrics.  The bottom set of petals I cut as one shape, then laid the blue single petals on top, with the central circle placed last.


Once I worked out the drunkards path fourpatches were 2 inch finished, I knew I was going to fuse them.  I had intended to fuse the multicolored inner circle too, but once I'd had got this far, it made just as much sense to fuse a circle in a single colour.


And it was a complete no brainer that the applique would be fused!

7 comments:

  1. Love the colours in those Tilda fabrics, there is a lot of work in some of those blocks. Changed your blog too - nice and bright for winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. It was an interesting challenge to get the same feel as the original, but alter the construction method. On the whole, I thought it quite successful!

      Delete
  2. Looking good...Tilda is very versatile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ranges used on this project are very Liberty looking I think.

      Delete
  3. When I looked at this, I thought 'how pretty is that'! The fabrics look wonderful used together, and it is a great mix of blocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. It's a great mix of Tilda ranges.

      Delete
  4. Great to seeing you keeping up - it's looking good!

    ReplyDelete