Saturday, August 3, 2019

As July slides into August...

The start of August means that another birthday has been celebrated over this last week.

I had ordered some fabric at the end of June which finally arrived... must have been having a pretty fabric moment while I was ordering, because it is very PRETTY AND FLORAL!


Yellow is not one of my go to colours, but I am trying to buy it more frequently and especially when I see one that i actually like!


These two belong to the same range.  Love me some dots.


These two greens and the pink are from the same range, although the light background floral stripe fits in very nicely with it.


And this was a remnant... Love it!


I got 4 yards of this rich orangey red floral.  I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do with it, but it had to be bought!


I also spent some money at my local shop The Country Yard, adding to my fat 1/4 and 1/8th collection and got some notions as well... new pins, a small square ruler and a hem gauge.


This fabric has a nice selection of fun and neutral colours to match up with.


Hmmm... these all work in nice together.  And see that yellow, already working its way in.


Choosing fat 1/8ths is like picking candy...




1 comment:

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

A great selection of fabrics! The orangely red floral is so pretty just to look at until you find a use for it!