Sunday, May 24, 2020

A somewhat midmonth check in

Well, it was around the 15th when I started composing this in my head, and now it seems to be closer to the end of the month... but I'm just going to ignore that for the purposes of the exercise.


I'm jolly chuffed that I have ticked off all but two items from my To Do list for May...
✔Happy Cloud sampler block 5 sewn (see previous blog post)
✔Quilting the second quarter of Theres a square in there


✔Timeless Traditions... getting two sections blanket stitched plus the last wreath block


✔The Proverbial Quilt... finish words


I don' t seem to have a picture of the last little bit but I assure you that the last M and B were added and I've started with the sashing strips... this rather joyous floral.


I even managed to add two new projects... of which I've completed one!

✔Log cabin baby quilt



Quilting complete and striped binding being added as we speak.

✔I have also finished the Iris Quilt, but this will get its own post.

❌Left on the list are Section 4A of the Line Dried quilt.


Why are there so many blocks?  And why isn't it called section 5?  Dealing with procrastination meant just getting stuck in and making one block.... which turned into another and another...


The big picture so far.

I found a new midtone print to add to the collection and I really like how it blends on this large star border.


So on the agenda this week is two little 3" stars to get this section finished, and one 12" block for the Summer Sampler.

2 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

You have made a lot of wonderful things. Whenever you post, it is all good.

dq said...

There is the list I was expecting to find. I just love that you post your hand written lists in your cute little book. It makes me smile at all the thought you put into it.

There's a Square in There: perfect name for a beautiful quilt. It looks beautiful! Timeless Treasures: is that the one with the beautiful soft blue stars and applique'? I am in love with it!

The quilting on the baby log cabin quilt is so pretty!