Friday, May 3, 2013

Catching up with the small stuff

Back in March I signed up for an actual real BOM - not just a big project that I've randomly decided to tackle on a month-by-month basis.  This is a mystery stitchery BOM being run by The Country Yard.  Due to a number of other events, I didn't get to pick up my month one or two packages until last week - and the third month has just been released.  So a bit of catching up to do...

So far, Block One


Looks like fun doesn't it?

Also under the microscope is another old old project, that coincidentally was in the same box as the orphan blocks from previous posts.  A cute wee teddy in a teacup - a pattern from an old Australian Patchwork and Quilting (or Stitching) magazine.


Last week (while running a temperature and figuring that operating the rotary cutter was probably unwise), I very slowly straight stitched around the shapes.


And added in the little bit of backstitch...



Today I've backed it onto batting and added a pieced frame - roughly 18 x 19 1/2" - but now I'm stumped.  Would you turn it into a bag or a cushion?



2 comments:

Leeanne said...

Oh yes a bag or cushion would be nice. Glad you stayed clear of the rotary cutter!
Nice stitchery, there is another nice one on display in the shop.

Susan said...

It's very pretty! What would bring you most pleasure- bag or cushion? That's how I decide!