Monday, March 10, 2014

The One Where She Falls off the Wagon

I knew it was going to happen.  It was just a matter of time :0)

First up... I'm not injured!

Second up... it was just the fabric diet that hit a speed bump, not the "not starting new projects" diet.

So how did this all come about?  Well, my favourite little patchwork shop in Maungatapere The Country Yard celebrated their 10th birthday over the weekend.  I decided to just enjoy myself and buy some fabrics that I liked - for the simple fact that I liked them.  I had a wonderful time chatting and catching up with friends, eating some yummo food... drinking half a glass of wine and saying virgin instead of version... and stroking and collecting some yummo fabrics.  There was a whole new project that I was super tempted to buy... but I did show some restraint, and left that one on the shelf.

Wanna peek?

It all started with this collection, most of which have nothing on the selvedge of my fat quarters, but at least some of them say Daiwabo for EE Schenck Company

Across the room I discovered these fabrics by Anni Downs of Hatched & Patched.  Although there were more... I carefully selected my absolute favourites.

These cream/off white tone on tones are being auditioned to fill gaps in my Tillie's Lane BOM (the larger sprigged design was a just had to have).
Aaah, fabric shopping, I have missed you.  But back to the straight and narrow for me!

I finished my secret project and took secret photos on Saturday, all ready to email off to the relevant party on Sunday.  Whew.  Mission accomplished.

The Robot quilt got it's borders attached and backing fabric sewn.  This afternoons session was spent basting and now I'm all ready to start quilting on Wednesday.

What's been happening in your neck of the woods?

7 comments:

Charlotte Scott said...

Oh you've been baaaad! But all in support of a good cause, we must support our local after all. But I think you need some penance, you must give that grey one in the middle in your top picture (starburst, Queen Anne's lace, dandelion clock?) to me to atone for your sins!

Debbie said...

What a fun outing! And you also supported your local quilt shop...I think it was all good!

Raewyn said...

Hehe..you lasted till March, not bad going really!!!

Kerryn said...

Funny ... and now I have caught up on your purchases!! Your support and loyalty is valued and it is customers like you who keep our businesses ticking along ... enjoy your fabrics and hopefully the falling off the wagon wasn't too painful! Hugs x

Leeann said...

Looking forward to seeing your Robot Quilt quilted, & seeing what borders you added.

Leeanne said...

Oh dear, it happens to the best of us!! We should form some sort of 'help' group.......but then no one would attend, as buying fabric brings such pleasure!
It was lovely to have your company. Mmmm the word muddle has happened to me a bit lately, this isn't the appropriate place to say what that word was though!

Lisa said...

You lasted longer than me and we do need to support our LQS! I go with doesn't count because it was a friendship outing! Wine included doesn't count!