As one project comes to an end, it is a natural progression to start thinking about what is going to appear on the agenda next. Something new and exciting.
Just not quite yet. I have a couple of projects that I have committed to... the Baby Bunting Quilt which I was commissioned to do for a baby due to appear in December, and quilting a top that was a group effort - made by my old Friday stitching group (only old in that now that I work 5 days a week, I am unable to attend) from stash of one of our members who passed away - with the intention of donating the finished quilt to Hospice in her honour. So really, I am not free to pursue my own creative dreams yet. But when I am... watch out... I have plenty to get off my mind!
This week has been spent blanket stitching around my applique shapes. Somehow I managed to miss this one!
And today I started the FM quilting - just stippling, but exactly the look I wanted. This is my Ronan Keating thread... (you quilt it best, when you quilt nothing at all...) a very fine polyester Wonderfil thread, that practically disappears, but leaves all that lovely texture.
All the background fabric areas are quilted the same... it really makes the applique and star points pop.
Even though I started this quilt with no intention of keeping it... I could SO keep it! Although what I'd do with a cot size I don't know, and NO - there will be no more babies in this household! But with my queen sized quilt obsession... I could do four blocks with different applique patterns in each, set in a four patch with sashing and corner stones... and the beautiful applique around the outer border. This would come out to about 85 x 80". Maybe one day :o)
We've also been making progress in Nadia's room. With a very clever husband, it only took a day to knock up a headboard - it finished off this view of her room.
The angle to the left shows that every thing has a place... and it's just a matter of someone putting all those things back into their right place to keep things tidy.
And the mirror did get hung...
Just a bit of a close up of the headboard... made from off cuts of our lounge-room laminated flooring - with a timber trim. Fab!