This round was all about adding a border to ensure we were all working with the same size, then pieced blocks incorporating triangles. I had used this triangle border on a quilt for Dylan many many moons ago... it also gave a nice space to add the feature fabric.
The fabrics I have picked are just so yummy.
Karen and I have also got together over the last month and worked on our Amy Gibson Sugar Club blocks.
I really like this block - it is one I could imagine an entire quilt made from them. The corner units are paper foundation pieced.
And I've almost got enough blocks to start thinking about how to set them. It has also made me realise that I need some more bright orange blocks.
Looking at the next block, I did a bit of visualization - I can really see how this block is going to look now.
I have been commissioned to make a train quilt, so at the moment I am thinking ideas. Monika and I are also making progress with setting up our Aussie-Kiwi swap... feature fabric chosen and bought, just the details of the exchange to get nutted out now.