Tuesday, March 31, 2020

First week of lockdown

Who ever would have thought that March would finish up with most of New Zealand being restricted to their homes or essential services due to the global pandemic.

Not to make light of the situation... which is truly horrible... but can I say it has done wonders for my To Do List!  Always keen to turn a situation into a positive, it's a great opportunity to get things done.  Not so good for our working situations, bills, mortgage or being able to buy things other than food... but I am really appreciative of the fact that we have water in our water tank and we have power, so we can use the pump to get to that water.

On the crafting front, I have achieved some mini and major goals... and some almost goals.

I wanted to get Dylan's Hawthorn Quilt fully quilted and the binding on.  As of today, I am about 3/4 of the way around hand stitching the binding so I am going to call that a win.

 and the back...


The 2017 Summer Sampler block is this Ombre star block. 






Line Dried section 3 is about half done.


And the sections so far...


Block 3 of the Cloudy Day Sampler...




And I decided to tweak the fabrics in block 1 to make this block a bit more like the other two blocks.


The biggest achievement has been getting the blocks completed for the second quarter of my Sweet Escape quilt.  This is now 80" wide... that's a lot of 1 1/2" cut strips!




Now to be these blocks sewn together.

Also on my agenda for lockdown has been baking every couple of days and catching up with getting laundry washed and dry... but getting laundry folded does not seem to be my superpower.

3 comments:

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Oh my you have been proflific! A lovely selection of work! I seem to fluctuate with my sewing & productivity, just doing little things when I can, and trying not to be too hard on myself when I can't.
Kia kaha Linda x

Leeanne said...

great progress on that to do list! We do have so much to be grateful for don't we? Stay safe, sane & creative!

Susan said...

Great progress indeed! I agree about having lots to be grateful for. When I start to get a bit down I remind myself of Anne Frank and what she endured. Stay safe and happy sewing!