Sunday, March 28, 2021

New job... new me!

 It's been a bit of an exhausting few weeks, as i have recently left my old job (where I started working some 17 years ago - OMG leaving your job is hard) and have moved to a new full time job.  For those of you who know me, you'll remember that my personal sewing time has always been in the afternoons between school finishing and meal prep time.  Swapping to a 40 hour week and longer travel time means I don't have this time free... and it's going to take a while to figure out my new normal.  My new routine.  However, I am loving my new job and look forward to each day... so I am sure that the sewing will fall into place also.  These things take time.

My Aviatrix medallion is slowly growing.  From the amended border three...


To the start of border four...


And I suppose this is the situation that has always put me off about this quilt... the bigger borders need a lot of piecing.  A lot of piecing!  There are 20 star blocks in this round and it's taken me a whole week to get these 5 pinky/purple ones sewn.  I'm hopeful to get a bit more momentum on this as the week progresses.


2 comments:

Susan said...

Congratulations on the new job! Enthusiasm for a job cannot be underestimated! I hope you eke out some substantial sewing time soon!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Congrats on your new job! You'll carve out some sewing time I'm sure, it's essential R & R time!