Saturday, July 24, 2021

July progress

 Yay... I finally have all the units pieced for my Orbiter Quilt and have started piecing them into larger chunks.  It certainly has a lot going on!


In The Scrappy Star Adventure Quilt I have made some Ohio Star blocks for this month.


I love this block with the four patch corners and variety of colours... It would make a lovely rainbow quilt - if I ever have the time!


They look quite fetching with my wool latch hook rug as the background. 


And I just needed to see how they were looking as a group.  Was very pleased to see they all behaved nicely together.




This month my husband got a long thought about but never got around to tattoo!  The dog shark design through the middle represents the guardian of his family marae, and there are symbols that represent each of his children.


The tartan represents my heritage and was the sorest part to get done and longest to heal.  It's now at the itchy stage which means not too much longer.



1 comment:

Susan said...

Yes, I agree- there is a lot happening in your Orbiter quilt! But it is very striking and visually interesting, that's for sure. Your star blocks are quite a contrast in colour and simplicity.