Sunday, August 8, 2021

Bit by bit

 Patchwork happens over time, repetitive steps... Joining a whole heap of little bits into progressively larger pieces.

I have started the seemingly massive task of joining blocks for the Orbiter Quilt.  Each unit is 6" square.... Meaning there are a lot of units!  

I tend to start by piecing the units into four patches.


Then the four patches are joined to create 16 patches


Then I move onto the next group of units.

I have completed four of these 16 patches so far, and almost finished the fifth one this weekend.  This photo shows the fourth 16 patch partially sewn.


Once I have finished with all the units I will have a giant nine patch left to sew, which seems much less intimidating than sewing all these units into rows.


1 comment:

Susan said...

I think you’re sewing these together in the most logical (?) and manageable way Suz! I’m sure I’d have the unpicker out so often, I’d have no hair left to pull out! And I’d be calling it my Demented quilt! Good luck, and don’t let any stray pet wander in for a closer look…..!