Saturday, June 29, 2013

Gaining momentum

I might just be getting somewhere!  First up, my June goal for ALYoF - getting the Gypsy bandana/ Craftsy BOM blocks turned into a top.  Check out here for the original goal setting post.

A Lovely Year of Finishes Done!
A lovely shot with our water tanks in the background :0) but you can see the hint of red I added to the outer sashing, just to tie into the red accents in two of the blocks.

And a bit closer up - but without the bottom bit - as always the wind picked up just as I stood to click the camera.
{As I was a lucky winner from the May lineup, check out my winner's loot post here - thanks to The Intrepid Thread.}

And the view from the other way - an absolutely stunning winters day...


I've also been enjoying the remaining blocks from the Cross section of Tula's modern block sew along.  Look - photos taken in actual sunlight!

Block 13 - this was a fun block that I could imagine doing as a scrappy quilt:


Block 14:


Block 15:

I've also finished the last little bit of my Sewing Circle tote.  A bit rough around the edges in places  - but done, and done is good.  I chose not to add the short handles per the pattern - as I already have so much weight around the sides that there is still a tendency to sag (never a good thing) and I think just one set of handles will be perfectly adequate.  Although I might just add a second row of stitching just under the top row - so that it matches the stitching on the pockets.




3 comments:

  1. Like the touch of red - it's just right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good - the bag and the blocks! I like that splash of red in your top. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete