Saturday, August 27, 2016

The Importance of Correct Nostril Placement

A bit of background history... every two years my kids primary school have a week long trip to the snow for the year 5 and year 6 students... this involves a whole heap of fundraising throughout the whole school.  This year it is Nadia's turn for the snow trip (which starts on Monday), and hence fundraising activities have taken over our lives where we have been able to assist.

Baking seems to be a year long activity... and baking for the big inter-school cross country running event meant double the planning.  Monday afternoon was spent baking the cookies, and then Tuesday was spent decorating them.  I had done these before, so I knew that they would sell the decorated cookies for $1 each... we made about 40, so well worth the effort.

We had piggies...



And cows...



Four boxes of the danged things...


Needless to report, they all got sold!

Sewing during the week was a bit of a washout... so Saturday has been my playing around day.

I cut another Starburst Cross quilt block.  It's funny that I almost never have yellow in my stash.  So I specially bought a few yellows a while back, just in case.  This was one of those yellows and it is just perfect.

So far the 4.5" units are pieced, but not joined to each other.


And the detail of the print.  Yum.


A handful of seams and I have my second finished Sugar Club Block jumbo sized.

I love.

2 comments:

  1. Those pigs and cows look good enough to eat :-) Hope Nadia has a great week at the snow. Love both your blocks too - the yellow is VERY effective!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pigs!!! Too cute (can you tell I'm scrolling backwards through your blog as all these comments appear in your inbox!)

    ReplyDelete