Saturday, February 9, 2019

It's A Cross Tile Finish

Woohoo!  The Cross Tile quilt is all finished and the last thing to do is add a blog post before it can be forever ticked off my list.


Having a terribly lit, as well as small bedroom means you just can't get far enough away from the subject to fit it all into frame, but you'll get the idea.


These fabrics started life as a Designer Bundle of fat quarters from Stash Fabrics, curated by @misterdomestic.  There were a lot of prints that I never would have chosen (those deer heads!), but obviously the bundle intrigued me enough to buy it!  I love the challenge of finding a pattern to suit an eclectic mix of fabrics.  Adding new fabrics from my LQS The Country Yard and some from stash, I made a between size quilt with a 5x5 setting from 25 fat quarters.


The Cross Tile pattern is by Emily Dennis from Quilty Love.  I did a mix of walking foot, free motion with rulers, freehand free motion and big stitch hand quilting.


This is also the first quilt that I have hand stitched around the circumference to echo the binding.  I really like it!


I love the somewhat retro vibe of this quilt and the way the pattern encourages each different fabric to shine.

6 comments:

Susan said...

Just a little reminder that I like to say..."Its not a finished quilt until it has a label!" So..have you made a label Suz! Whatever the answer, its a great quilt and I am sure it will be loved and well used. Are you keeping this one?

Monika said...

You know that handquilting is the last thing I could imagine myself doing but it looks VERY cool on your quilt, especialyy with the stitches around the binding - love it!

dq said...

Holy Cow! I love love love your hand stitching around the edge of the binding. It adds SO MUCH detail that really accentuates the quilt. I may have to find time to do that to a quilt or two.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

A lovely quilt! The colours work together so well, deers and all! Love how you have combined all your quilting techniques, especially the hand stitching around the binding, very effective!

Leeanne said...

looks fabulous! I hope you are doing a happy dance :-)

Raewyn said...

Woohoo another finish!! I love the effect of the handwork around the outer edge. Nice to see this come to fruition after seeing you purchase the fabrics!