Part of my reorganisation over Xmas was deciding how to proceed with different WIPs and what was required to finish them.
My Sugar Club sampler was almost a finished top... it just needed a plain 3" border then ready for quilting. I even had the fabric put aside and all ready to go. When I picked up the quilt top... I realised what had been subconsciously holding me back... this quilt top literally weighed a ton already!
I finished the piecing.... but decided these 100 inches square of awesomeness was going to be long arm quilted!
And over the weekend I got my quilt back from my friendly almost neighbourhood quilter Leeanne from Quilt Me Kiwi - and I am beyond happy.
We decided on an all over floral pattern...
I love how it softens the piecing...
Leeanne also supplied a wide backing fabric and batting.
Luckily I still have some of the plain contrast fabric I used in the quilt top to use as binding...
But I think I'll use it as a peeper flange and use some leftover florals as the main binding.
I will need to add this to next months list!