Sunday, February 21, 2021

Flea Market Flowers

 Progress has been steady on the project inspired by the Flea Market Flowers quilt along designed and run by Lori Holt.

I'm describing this as an improv applique project as nothing is over thought... it's quick quirky imperfect applique designs and quick fabric selections.

The blocks so far...










And how it's looking on the design wall... the blocks are large so are challenging my background fabric stash... might need to do some joins on some blocks.


And just to give a bit of scale... the whole design wall at the moment.  I am slowly adding blocks to the Brightly collection.



4 comments:

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Your 'flea market flowers' made me smile!

Susan said...

All looking very Spring-like Suz! Are you using stabiliser under the flowers?

Debbie said...

Wow...love those flower blocks. Thought of you yesterday when I found some batik rayon on sale at my local quilt shop...$7.00 a yard. Had to buy some. Now I really need to make some tops! For some reason, the last top I made a size too big. It is a blouse with raglan sleeves so no easy way to make it smaller. So...hoping to try that one again in the right size. But I also really want make a dress for my granddaughter that I am seeing the last week of March.

dq said...

Lori Holt's patterns are wonderful. I love the background fabric you chose. It is very much like hers. Did you buy the kit?

Your design wall sings happy songs.