Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Return of the Machine

No, not another terminator movie, but today I picked up my lovely sewing machine from the repair man.  Yay!  It should have gone back to it's usual, perfect stitching... will find out over the next few days. 

On the vegetable front... do you think it is actually possible to turn into a tomato?  For all those people who have had poor crops this year due to the really weird weather, well, mine have just gone into overdrive.  I've been freezing some whole to use in stews and things over winter, and slow roasting some with onions, garlic and whatever else I throw in - which I'll also freeze in family sized portions to use for pizza topping, spaghetti sauce and whenever a recipe calls for tomato puree.  Any other suggestions?  It's just gone crazy!

3 comments:

Susan said...

I'll pop over a grab some!! LOL! Could you set up a stall and sell some! Then buy fabric???

Leeanne said...

Sounds like you will be well fed over winter.

Charlotte Scott said...

Boil and bottle them. They take up room on shelves then, not your freezer. Look forward to seeing more lovely stitching now!