Monday, August 26, 2013

Plans for this week

No new photos today... so if you only read for the eye candy... skip this post.

Focus projects for this week:

This has progressed to being in 6 pieces

Piecing:  as this is the last week of August (are you reading this Monika??) that means that this months Tokyo Subway blocks need to be finished.  Last week it was a leader ender project, this week it is the main attraction.  I seem to have gotten behind with the 100 Modern Block sampler - that's what happens when you get a couple of blocks ahead, and let your big head get in the way.  So I should also be focusing on Blocks 36, 37, 38 & 39.  I've also stopped linking with the quilt along as it got so complicated... different blocks on different posts... then I'd forget what I'd done (that happens once you've turned 41 you know)... so I'm just going to use the group as a reminder of what I'm supposed to be doing.

Loving the rainbow effect
 Machine Applique: while I'm on a roll, I would like to get the second half of the My Tweets block that I started last week, done.  I have another block waiting as well, just in case I run out of things to do (snicker snicker)

This quilt really is going to be stunning if I ever get it finished

Janet: gosh, a new section.  I solemnly swear to complete a few lines of quilting on Janet before I start any of the other activities in the shed.  Machine quilting is relatively boring and tedious - I just need to keep plugging away at it.

Check out the freaky "cup of tea" fingers


Hand work: don't let the photo of the quilt on the bed fool you.  Eagle eyes will have noticed a slight problem with the binding... about 3/4 unfinished!  So the focus for this week is to get a little bit more of this done.
So far so good with the new bedroom layout - no one has tried walking into the wall yet.

Right - that's this week set.  What are your goals for the week?

Looks like it's time to get organised for tea... have a great week everyone!

5 comments:

Leeann said...

Gee you make me feel so disorganised! I just kind of do what I feel like doing (which is sometimes nothing) and don't plan like you. :-)

Susan said...

I think your list making is really paying off! You inspire me to make one of my own....tomorrow! ;-))

Cille said...

Plans are great... when you keep them like you :)

Raewyn said...

Good on you! This monthly plan thing seems to be working really well for you...good luck with achieving it all...and more!!! (Yep, love the pinkie, you elegant quilter you!)

Charlotte Scott said...

Can we see a pic of your Tokyo blocks that you've done so far? I'm nosey. Love the finger! A refined machine quilter you are.