Thursday, January 2, 2020

Happy New Year!

December seemed to disappear rather quickly... school prizegivings... appointments and end of year activities seemed to take over and all of a sudden its Xmas and then New Years.

My December goals were not fully met... but progressed well so happy all round.

I wanted to get the last applique block completed for the Homespun Magazine BOM My Butterfly Patch and this was fused pending blanket stitch.  This whole project fell off the radar (as they do) so I now hope to get this top sorted out over the next few months.  It is so close!


I have managed to get Nadias Bursting Star quilt top fully sewn together and added plain side borders today.  Still needs to be pressed but looking good.


The start of the year has meant new planning tools!  I downloaded some new calendars and WIP recording pages...


And sent hubby off to buy me a plain unlined journal to keep everything in.  He bought this one with a beautiful floral cover which I LOVE!


Snipping and sticking... and its all starting to come together.  This year I am using two pages per month... a calendar page and a to do list which includes a monthly focus.


It didn't take long to fill up several pages of WIPs which I split into projects being constructed and those awaiting quilting.


I also started a new project list which has 4 projects already. 

The first is a scrap sampler quilt  by Happy Cloud Creations which I'm going to tackle over the next 9 months... this is block 1, and I need to make a couple of nine patch blocks each month for an Irish Chain effect.  These are 16" blocks so will finish with a 72" quilt including sashing.


My second project is a scrap Plus quilt (inspired by the free pattern 'Transire')... using 2" cut squares.  I know this is a successful size of scrap and fits well as a leader ender project.


And these scrap projects have been allocated their own small tub to keep them contained... hopefully!


I am make super progress on quilting This Little Piggy... and have great hopes of getting this quilt finished by the end of the month... enough so that I am going to join One Monthly Goal for the first time...  January link here


I have also resurrected the Sweet Escape log cabins and started filling the design wall.


Ok... that's enough for now.

5 comments:

dq said...

Yay Suz! You are planning so beautifully. I mean that! I love that your husband did a great job of picking out your book. I also love the way you coverted it into a quilt UFO tracker! I keep my tracking system on a spreadsheet. Whatever works for us, right? I also keep a daily/planning list in a planner very similar to yours.

I am super excited for 2020!

Danice G said...

The plus quilt and the sampler blocks are looking good. The journal is a great idea, and your husband did a great job choosing that gift.

Susan said...

You have certainly made a great start to the new year Suz! Your projects all look lovely, but I especially love the log cabins in the last photo.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Yes, off to a great start! And some lovely projects to keep you busy.

Patty said...

Lovely. Thanks for linking up to Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project!