Friday, January 31, 2020

January Month End

Time for a quick update on January's goals and progress....

The journal layout...



1 My main focus goal for this month was to finish This Little Piggy.  Finish quilting.  Bind... label and blog.  Yay... big tick for this one!

2 Second goal was to finish piecing Bursting Star.  Also done!


3 was to baste Dylan's Hawthorn Quilt.  Done!  Although this horrendous hot weather was not helpful!


4 My Butterfly Patch BOM goal involved finishing the last block and assembling the remaining pieces.  I added to the goal and finished the border.  Bonus!


5 Ultimate beginner quilt... Finish row 1... after much angst this finally was completed.


Then I had some additional tasks...
A  Complete first block on the Happy Cloud Sampler scrap edition


 B Finish section one of Line Dried


I ahmed and ahhed about whether to start the Summer Sampler 2017 and finally pulled the following from stash.  I'm pretty much following the colours suggested although with a bit of leeway depending on how the stash fabrics fitted together.


And the first block!  This is actually block 9 of the sampler but is the central block.  I wanted to see how the fabrics were going to work together in this focal spot.


I also had a couple of projects that didn't have goals, but I wanted to remain on my agenda.

Sweet Escape... I managed to complete enough blocks for the first quarter and have just started sewing these together.


And finally my scrap Transire Quilt... little 2" cut scrappy plus block/nine patches.  I have actually made a few more since this photo was taken.  I've worked out the best way of fitting this project in is to ensure I lay out at least one block at the start of the sewing session and use it as a leader ender as necessary.  I don't have a huge collection of squares cut out, so I am just adding a bit of cutting time each session to cut a block or two.  The colours are just meandering as my scrap collection changes...


And that's January's progress.  As I work casually throughout this month, I usually start heaps more projects than i can carry on with through out the year.  We will have to see how successful this year turns out.  I have way too many projects needing quilting which is often a long slow process for me.  My overall goal for the year is to get a mix of old and new projects finished... both just tops finished and completely finished... although i am not going to put a quantity on that.  January's success has been a confidence builder that i might just get there!

4 comments:

Susan said...

I'm so impressed with your progress Suz! I'd say that the planner and your system is definitely working! And its hard to pick a favourite- they are all lovely!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Yes, so much completed! I've hardly done anything... too many books to read! "this little piggy' is adorable, and your 'butterfly'patch' is so pretty, love those fabrics!

Raewyn said...

Well done on your achievements and keeping track of it all - and staying nice and focused. This Little Piggie is really gorgeous - a great finish.

Dr.elvis said...

PENNY MARK LOAN SERVICES LIMITED are giving out loan with a very low interest rate suitable for both bad credit and good credit,contact (pennymarkloanservices@gmail.com) for more information.