My last few July goals were to baste Nadia's Bursting Star quilt... which meant piecing a backing. I had picked up this pineapple print on a great special, well before even starting the quilt. I just bought the quantity on the pattern but silly me, I added an extra border on two sides, which meant that my backing fabric was exactly the same width as the top.
Creative piecing to the rescue with some of the left over charm squares.
This was where I discovered I was out of batting... so my goal of getting this basted became unstuck relatively quickly.
Next up was to piece four more blocks of Sweet Escape. Yes!!
And finally to "sew" the Allegro skirt. Well, I finally stuck together my pdf pages and got the pieces cut out.
I have bought quite a variety of both fabrics and patterns, but have struggled to get any kind of cohesive outfit ideas together. Finally I found something that would go with this rust knit fabric. I had bought this with the intention of trialling the Blackwood cardigan so fingers crossed that the skirt turns out OK.