Monday, August 24, 2020

Super Scrappy

 Making a block each month means sooner or later you almost get a quilt top!

 

This is the Cloudy Day Quilt Sampler and I've used my scrap bags for the blocks, odds and ends for the sashing... and a few lengths of stash to fill out the gaps.


Just one more block and 3 more nine patches, and I can start piecing all these sections together.  It is super scrappy, and this encouraged me to just go full on for the background... it's quite a mixture.  Some of the low volume prints have quite full on prints - some of them I don't really like... so its a good opportunity to use them.


 

Is it necessarily the most beautiful version of the quilt I could ever make?  No.  Although that wasn't really my intention in making it.  Of course, I hoped it would look nice... and I think it does look nice - but it's not precious... it can get dirty and be well used without feeling like it's a masterpiece that could get ruined.  I think these scrappy utility type quilts are important in their usefulness... even if it just becomes a dog or picnic quilt.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Quilts are indeed wonderful things- pretty, useful, warm, a symbol of love! This is going to be a great one, no matter what its classification!

Debbie said...

Always a bonus when scraps find a way into a quilt top! People always comment on the fact my dogs and cat have quilts...that's what happens with some of my scrappy quilts that were fun to make but really aren't that special to me.