Monday, August 17, 2020

Just a little skirt - The Allegro!

 It might just be a little skirt but I'm ridiculously proud of it!



Complete with naff photos!


I used a grey shot cotton for the waist band and pocket lining.  It looks very smart although the fraying aspect was a consideration which encouraged me to try using the binding to cover the seams.  Because I didn't have the right width elastic, I sewed a seam though the middle of the waistband and threaded two lots of narrower elastic through each channel.


Watching other makers has encouraged me to stretch my basic skills... basic skills don't have to be boring... some lovely yellow pre made binding looks super fab on the inside and helps to keep everything tidy.  These pockets are the perfect depth.



I just did a very simple folded and top stitched hem.


Which turned out nice on both sides... I did use a measuring gadget to attempt to get some consistency to the measurements.


I also decided to topstitch along the side seams...


This slightly overexposed photo shows the stitching better.

So on the whole I am very pleased with the finished garment.  Woohoo!  It's about time.  Now that this one is off my to do list I can concentrate on all the other projects that have been calling me...

2 comments:

Debbie said...

WooHoo! Awesome finish. The inside finishing touches are nice. It is so wonderful when the garment looks greats...congrats!

Susan said...

Great job Suz! You have done a fantastic job of this!