Saturday, August 8, 2020

Gifted... the double nine patch scrap baby quilt

 My July one monthly goal was to quilt and bind my double nine patch quilt.  I didn't quite get all the binding finished before getting a cold/flu in the last couple of week's of July and it has only been this week that the last side got hand sewn down.  AND the quilt has now been gifted to a wee baby!!

June saw this 2018 rainbow scrap challenge get basted... and then July was quilting month.  I really like how the relatively simple quilting turned out.



I don't seem to have any photos of the binding, but i used the same newspaper print that was used as the cornerstones in the sashing.  Yay... a quilt FINISH!!




3 comments:

Susan said...

I think the best type of quilt finish is one that is gifted straightaway! Great quilt Suz!

Rosec said...

Love your quilting on this.

Debbie said...

Sweet! Perfect for a baby gift!