Friday, September 4, 2020

September? Really??

 Who else is wondering what the heck has happened to the year?


My August goals fizzled into a small quivering pile, so it's taken me a few days to pick myself up, reassess... and make a new plan, some new steps and finally some goals for September.


The goals I did achieve for August were to complete my Cloudy Day Sampler block 8 (see previous post) and complete 4 Giant Granny Squares.  Love how these are looking... big and floral and big... did I mention big??


I also partly finished my Timeless Traditions goal and got my last stems hand stitched down.

So then I knuckled down and reviewed my In the Works list... looked at the big picture and made some goals that I wanted to achieve by the end of the year.

1 Cloudy Day Sampler fully pieced
2 Giant Granny Squares fully pieced
3 Quilt Buzz Bingo fully pieced
4 Timeless Traditions fully pieced
5 Sweet Escape 3/4 pieced
6 Patchwork City basted
7 Theres a square in there quilted and bound
8 Avalon quilting started

Whoops... I seem to have started something new... Quilt Buzz Bingo.  A simple log cabin with variable logs... some very old stash and already 25 blocks made and now I'm playing with layouts.



I'm playing with adding some extra stripes in the sashing but i think I'm going to have to alter these as it's not quite right yet.



Next up I made a step by step To do list for each of my main By the end of the year list items.


And finally today made some September goals... monthly chunks of those steps... as well as catching up with my usual monthly projects.


Getting behind on the Line Dried quilt was not a good idea... so having two sections for this month seems like a real challenge... like can I even do it?  But I also recognise that not trying means not getting any of it done... so any progress is good progress.

Here I have laid out the colours for the next section.


And yes... I have 3 quilts laid out on top of one another... no one better want to stay in my sleep out this month!


Mini goals... one block cut out... for section 6


And just enough time to get the units sewn.  This French General fabric is so pretty.

My leader ender project will be sewing Granny Squares...


Order restored... well, everything is still a bit of a mess but I've got a good idea of where I want to head and that is half the solution.  Hopefully September will be a more successful month in the crossing off department.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Looks like you have got yourself sorted for the next few weeks Suz! Happy sewing!

Debbie said...

Wow...looks like you have indeed organized your quilty chaos. Lots of fabulous projects!

Charlotte Scott said...

You are so organised!