Sunday, September 20, 2020

A bit more and a bit more...

 

Well, the quilting seemed to take forever... funny how it always feels like such a long time... but probably about 3 hours in total to get around one block.  This ended up being a funny week so I only had 3 days during the working week to slot in some afternoon sewing time. 

And so onto the next step... block 9 in the Cloudy Day Sampler quilt.


And added onto the 3rd row.


Now I just need to sew the sashing strip onto the row and attach to the other two rows already sewn together.  I've got the rest of the piecing planned further down my To Do List.




Next up was a 6" block for the 2017 Summer Sampler.  I had fallen off the wagon with this Bom project... but I will keep nibbling away at it.



This was a little more fiddley than was comfortable... those are 1" finished units!  Teeny tiny piecing is not my usual happy place.

Then some fusible applique on Timeless Traditions.  I just had one half of the last corner left to apply pieces... it didn't take long to finish this task.



Again, I plan to come back to this project and finish the blanket stitch on two sides.  This is the plan for when I have finished the second blocks FMQ on There's a square in there... all because I hate changing feet and thread!

Saturday was National jelly Roll day (or some such nonsense) so I have been thinking about projects for the two jelly rolls I own.  I love this Crossroads Quilt by Quilty Love... although it's not officially a jelly roll quilt, the pieces are all 2 1/2" squares... I'm just not sure how many blocks I can eke out.


So I spent quite some time laying out the strips and trying to make complementary colour combinations (the bane of sewing with precuts).  I ended up with 3 yellow strips that did not want to play... although I am really happy with most of the other blends... some really interesting mixes of contrast and colours.


And the first block layout.  


Now I'm back on the FMQ.  It's the circle of life...

No comments: