Sunday, September 13, 2020

Ticking off mini tasks

 Well, the first week of the new regime has been a success!  Go ME!

The first step was to finish section 6 of Line Dried.  DONE!


Here it is attached to the end of the second row but i still need to sew row 1 and 2 together.


Lots of mini ditzy prints in this one.  But some solids and larger prints balance them out.


My leader ender project was to finish another 3 Giant Granny Squares.  DONE!

And so onto the next step.  Quilting some more of There's a Square in There.  Just a recap... I'm halfway through quilting the background sections... I have already finished the blocks.  I last worked on this one in May.




The quilt is a 4 x 4 layout... 16 blocks... 8 blocks sashing left to quilt.  To finish by the end of the year I decided I needed to quilt around 2 blocks per month.


So my mini goal in the great To do list is to quilt around one block.  It's all begins with that first step.... a quick clean, a new bobbin, thread the right colour thread (thank you past me for recording the right thread colour on my In the Works list), do a test swatch then change to a new needle... then finally a couple sections of stitching.




Once this section is finished I'm going to have a mini break and do something different before coming back to tackle the second block.




3 comments:

Susan said...

I like the idea of breaking that quilting job into manageable. I am sure it will make for a neater finish in the end!

Debbie said...

Love your quilting design for the background filler!

Lynette said...

Oh, boy, Suz! I absolutely love both of these quilt projects. That filler is amazing, though I imagine it takes a long time to do! Makes for a great so-much-per-month project. *Love* the fabric mix in your Line Dry project.