Monday, February 7, 2011

Alert! Alert! Something has been finished!!



I have been collecting both patterns and fabrics (sorry, new fabrics not recycled, but they have been on sale - so I'm not really sure whether they count as being ecologically responsible) - anyway, yesterday I set my mind on sewing a dress for Nadia from a pattern in Stitch Magazine - and it turned out great!

There are heaps of little panels all over the dress - so I think next I might sew a multifabric version with all sorts of different colours on each panel.  I also used Charlotte's machine binding technique, and altogether ended up with a much better result than I normally do when machining bias binding.  A very successful end to a hot Sunday afternoon.  She wore it to school today and was very happy, so that is the main thing.

2 comments: