Can you believe this is my 200th post?
Now, on to business. Did I tell you that I finished another Swoon block? This would be block 8:
And I'm partly through Block 9 - the last block. Woohoo!! Almost time to start thinking about the quilting stage.
I've also prepped another Dresden Fan block, appliqued the outer ring, now just the inner circle to finish appliqueing down:
I've chosen a couple of newspaper prints for these two blocks... I've got another couple of black and white text prints on order which I'm hoping will fit into the scheme. Once I realised that I didn't want to have the same fabric for all the backgrounds, I found it heaps easier to decide what I did want to do:
I've also got a bit more serious about the February lovely finish goal... after doing a bit of drafting, I did a bit of measuring and figured out I really needed to add some serious borders to make the top sit cohesively on the bed. I'm liking how this is looking:
Although as I have now used up all my fusible web (with only one border piece partially constructed), I'm not sure how exactly I'm going to finish my goal - I may have bitten off more than I can chew!