Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Random Tuesday

Tuesday is the day I work half a day... to fill in the rest of the day sometimes I do housework and catch up on the washing... other days I disappear into The Sewing Shed!

Today was a sewing shed day...

I auditioned some fabric... and did some layout figuring... would you believe it Leeanne, I managed to cut my first border 2" instead of 2 1/2"??  Time for Plan B:


I've also spent a bit of time putting together the first block in the first new project for February.


2013 must be the year of the sampler quilt.  More details to come.

And can anybody guess what this is?


Does this one help any?


For regular readers, you will recognise Janet... that would be Janet Frame my handy dandy Handi-quilter frame with some brand spanking new runners - aren't husbands wonderful :0)


3 comments:

Susan said...

Yes, what would we do without our husbands?! Glad you were able to make use of your half day off work!

Charlotte Scott said...

Husbands are wonderful, although yours seems a bit extra wonderful when it comes to your quilting!

Kathleen said...

Thanks for telling me where you purchased the material. I live in Australia and have two spotlights within one and half a half hours ( I don't live in a large town). Have never seen the newspaper material in them. Oh well, that's ok there is plenty of other material out there. Thanks for visiting my blog and answering my question. XX Kathleen