|BEFORE... I know the quilt is good, but the deck accessories leave much to be desired|
On a side note, the little chappie for whom this quilt was made, made his appearance on Good Friday - another cousin to add to the whanau ;0)
And today the hub's removed an old unused vege bed, angled the shrub and ornamental boat garden with a new retaining wall, and made it nice and easy to mow. An important consideration!
I disappeared into the sewing shed and made good progress on my own projects.
The butterflies are all together:
And will be quilted once I have finished with this one.
The diagrams probably give a better description of the quilting pattern. Basically an all over pattern, decorated with balloon flower, ribbon spiral and leaves...
|My version is a little bit more open... I didn't want the quilting too dense, and I also wanted to finish it some time this century :0)|
But I was quite intrigued by some of the details in this design, and introduced the double leaf detail... to help keep the design full but at the same time open.
I'm proud to say that I am using some of the wonderful knowledge I gained at the Taupo Symposium, which has given me the confidence to attempt a semi-complicated all-over pattern on my domestic machine. It's all about having a plan about where to go next. I'm officially a quarter of the way there... whew... now for the rest of it!