Tuesday, August 23, 2011

So much to do, so little time

It has been a busy week and weekend and I'll do my best to catch you all up.  Hubby had a birthday over the weekend, so I went shopping on Friday to get a present and bought some wool - as you do.  Now, where is my beanie book??  Wouldn't you know it, the gauge of wool I bought isn't in any of the patterns in the book - so what do I do?? - start making up a pattern.  Now, do I have any experience in this?  No!  Do I expect it to really work out?  Yes!  To cut a long story short, ended up with a beanie with a very pointy top, that would fit the giant on Jack & the Beanstalk.  So beanie version two has now been started.

On Saturday I attended a workshop at The Country Yard doing a Buggy Barn pattern called Courthouse Stars (I think).  Day one was focusing on the star part - day two in September will focus on the wonky courthouse steps blocks.  Had an enjoyable time and looking forward to the rest of the workshop.  Buggy Barn patterns are a form of stack and wack from fat quarters, and it depends on how you sort your fabrics before you cut, how it will all turn out.  Great fun.

Today has been Patchwork Guild meeting day - and we had a mini workshop on positive/negative applique design hosted by The Slightly Mad Quilt Lady.  Not rocket science - but a cool technique and very enjoyable.  It was interesting to see how the different fabrics affect (or is that effect??) the design.

I have photos to show - but need to wait until the battery is charged on my camera to download.

Is that really all I have to share... it seems so much more exhausting :(

No comments: