Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Day One of the Rest of my life

After being left in a somewhat catatonic state after yesterdays WIP outpouring (which took me absolutely ages by the way), I approached the sewing shed this morning with some trepidation.  So many projects... which one shall I choose.  I know I'll start something new... no, no... I'm only kidding Susan... just pulling your leg!

I sat down and behaved myself, finishing this weeks Modern Sampler blocks.  88, 89 and 90 - woohoo, only ten left to go!





I also put together the outer sashing and border for the Japanese Ladies... finally... after it sitting there all unloved for the past couple of weeks :0)

I always feel like you need a "big picture" shot - to remind you all about what I'm talking about.  But - it really is terrible.  Although you can't tell that I pieced the sashing all different from the instructions now can you?

Now these colours really are bang on.

Meanwhile the Robot started to come together.


And to top it all off, I cut, pieced and pressed the binding all ready for when I finish the quilting on the Giant Chevron.  This cheerful wee dot from The Country Yard is just perfect, and I really can't wait to get this quilt completely finished.


See, I can get things done when I put my mind to it!

4 comments:

Susan said...

You gave me a fright there...... cheeky thing! Good to see day one has gone well! Love the binding! Will love it more when it is attached to something!

Raewyn said...

Great focus!

Charlotte Scott said...

Hmmm, I wrote a comment but it disappeared, or maybe it's late, like that other one. Anyhoo, I was saying how did you manage to find time to stitch AND change your blog background (which I like, by the way), when I don't even have time to write a full blog post. But in the time between the original comment and now, I have written a post, so that's not really relevant anymore....a bit like this comment. I think I'll go to bed.

Leeanne said...

Crikey, you are doing well!